Friday, October 17, 2008

The Raging Feminist

There's a raging feminist that lives in my heart. She has two sources of regular irritation:

1. Shaving. Why is women's body hair disgusting but men's is okay?

2. Bra shopping. She hardly needs one, but for the sake of modesty and comfort, would like to have one that fits. The only ones that come close are so thickly padded they completely change her topography. She's not ashamed of being flat chested. How dare bra makers assume that she is?

Now she has a new one:

3. The treatment Sarah Palin and Hilary Clinton receive. It shouldn't be so funny and acceptable to turn Palin into a sex object. I just heard a strip joint in Las Vegas is looking for Palin look-alikes. Is she no longer a human being with feelings because she's attractive? And why do people speak with such derision of Clinton's ambitions? What's wrong with a woman wanting to be President? I guess when she said something about "not choosing to stay home and bake cookies" was justified. Maybe she wasn't insulting those of us who do, just trying to defend herself and others who choose a different path.

6 comments:

LL said...

good point!

LD said...

You go get 'em! You know I fully support your feminist ways, but don't stop shaving your armpits, that's all.

LD said...

Oh, and I agree. I guess there is something wrong with politics and looking good. Although, I wonder if strip clubs are looking for Obama look-alikes. Alot of people think he is good looking.

Jamie said...

I love that some things never change. And really - was Hillary that bad just because she wasn't good looking. People are such haters!

Jamie said...

Charlotte, you're funny! I love the bra and shaving comments. If Palin wasn't beautiful she would unfortunately be mistreated for some other characteristic. What is the world coming to?

Kristyn said...

I would have to agree with you on all three counts. The worst part for me being 9 months pregnant and shopping for a nursing bra is I still couldn't fill one!!