Tuesday, October 14, 2008

All Creatures Great and Small




Last night Claire found a millipede in our house. She picked it up, despite my disgusted protests. I didn't want to Claire to think she grossed me out, so I asked if I could take a picture of her holding it. She said, "Yes, he's my friend."

After the picture I said, "Let's take him oustide so he can find a nice home." Claire said, "No. This is his home." So she put him in a container and now she has a pet.

Unfortunately/Fortunately he wasn't dead when we woke up, and she's been carrying him around all morning. We had to do some research on what they eat. It turns out Claire's not the only person in the world who keeps a pet millipede (or Penelopede, as she calls it). You learn something new every day.

3 comments:

LL said...

this makes me laugh. cute little claire has a new friend! GOODY!
hey, we have MICE if she wants to add to her collection. :)

Jamie said...

penelopede-that's cute

LD said...

Kiss Penelope goodnight for me!