Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8, 2008

Here we are taking advantage of the photographer Lynsey (my sister) hired for Zannah's special day. Zannah, the sweet little girl Lynsey and Marcus adopted, was sealed to them last month.


This is Zannah with my maternal grandparents.

We looked at three houses yesterday located in the Malad of this area. The interiors were all great, but I want a house whose exterior has character as well as being attractive. I'll let you know if that's possible for a middle-class family if I continue the house-hunt much longer. As the Great Depression II threatens, we are feeling less inclined to buy a home.

When the kids and I returned from the grocery story today, Damon found two grasshoppers working on multiplying and replenishing the earth. He only has a one volume, which is loud, and he announced to all the neighbors, "Hey, these two grasshoppers are holding on to each other! Look at these two grasshoppers holding each other!" A good parent would have taken this opportunity to talk about the facts of life in an open, positive manner. But like the coward I am, I just said, "Yep, but try to talk softer. You're too loud." I promised myself to do the right thing next time: if I don't have this conversation with my kids, someone else (like a classmate) will.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It's becoming a wonderful tool for glimpsing into worlds of people you use to know. I hope all is well, and I'm intrigued on where three hours from Malad is located.

Barker Family said...

You family is so cute. I am so excited that you are blogging. This is how I keep up with everyone.

Shaw Family said...

Welcome aboard the blogging band wagon! It is great to see what is going on in your life... You have cute kids!!

LL said...

Oh, I'm SO excited!
I think about you ALL the time, and Carson still talks about Dammon--he was such a cute little friend.
WE MISS YOU GUYS, this will be such a great way to keep up!
Thanks.
btw~ i hope you're enjoying your new place.

germanjules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LD said...

I can't believe you didn't have the birds and the bees talk with Damon. Especially since we were raised in such an open family, I had that talk at least by the age of 4!

Scottfunkel said...

There is a great King of the Hill episode about the "facts of life" talk. If you're interested let me know.