Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October 7, 2008

Last night for FHE we wrote two letters. One was to Jake's grandparents who are in the midst of tribulation--Grandma P's legs aren't working. Claire drew a lovely abstract picture with crayons for them. Anne used the crayons to draw on whatever sufaces were most convenient to her.

The other letter was to Damon's kindergarten teacher (he had asked to write her a letter earlier that evening, and since I had no FHE planned, I turned his letter request into our FHE). Here is what Damon dictated to me:

Dear Mrs. C:

You are my favorite teacher. Thanks for all the treats
and I really like to play the alphabet game where all
the letters are on the tray.

When I was in pre-school I put my handprint
on a piece of paper and my teacher turned it into a real plate.

My birthday is coming up in March.

Damon

He then decorated the letter with hearts and "I [heart drawing] U" and enclosed one of his pennies in the envelope.

He really does have an excellent teacher. I've seen her interact with Damon's class, and I have never seen a more cheerful, loving, enthusiastic teacher. I asked Damon if she ever gets upset (because I can't picture her getting angry, but she must, because she works with 20 5-year-olds every day). He says she is always nice to them. I wonder what her secret is.

This afternoon our realtor is taking us on our third house-hunting excursion. It's just me and the kids, so each trip has been exhausting (getting kids in and out of carseats, pleading with them not to wreck the houses and to stay with me, etc.) I've also been pretty disappointed. Everything looks so much better on the internet. Plus, I'd really like a home that's not a cookie-cutter. But, the only homes we can afford that are not cookie cutters, are old and need work, so we really can't afford them. I have a feeling my realtor is going to end up hating me: I foresee months of looking at houses, none of which I will like, and she will have been kind to and patient with my children for nothing.

5 comments:

LD said...

I'm SOOO happy you are on the Blog-Train. I knew you could do it. Now post some pictures and more funny stories from those kids I miss so much.

Mindy said...

Yay! I was so happy to see your blog on Shannon's! Email me your address and I'll send you an invite to my blog. jermind1@yahoo.com

M-n-M said...

Charlotte - it is so great to see and you will soon find out the blogging gets a bit addictive because it is so much fun to see how everyone is doing. You and your family are cute - i look forward to future posts. Misty
mmmartinsen@msn.com
realwoodcstm@msn.com
766-3335

germanjules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

What a cute letter and the penny was a nice touch. That probably made his teacher's day.

Yeah, I don't know how some teachers are so patient and how some can have total control without raising her voice. It seems to be a gift. I'm going to have to search a little harder for that one.