Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Milestones

On Monday Anne started putting two words together: she said, "Bye, daddy" when Jake went to work, and she said, "Mommy hair" while she pulled my hair.

Last Monday was also the second Monday in a row in which I washed, dried, FOLDED AND PUT AWAY 4 loads of laundry. I can't tell you proud I am of myself. I hate laundry, but it has to be done, so I'm going to do it, by golly.

If I had been able to look into the future 6 years ago and see this day when getting laundry done made me proud, I would have been very depressed at what the future held for me.

Perspective is everything.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I can totally relate to this. My goal is to launder, fold and put all clothes away 24 hours. Still haven't fulfilled that goal. Shooting for the stars!
Way to go-I'm sure it feels great. Incidentally I do laundry on monday too.

Wendi said...

I still have laundry of mine that is still folded in the basket in my room, right by the dresser from two Monday's ago. And why do you think Monday is laundry day? Anne is growing up!