Sunday, October 19, 2008

Perspective

After my rant, I starting reading lesson 19 in the Joseph Smith manual. It talks about how he was up all night with his 11-month-old who had the measles and had just gone to bed, when a mob broke in the house, dragged him outside, tore his clothes off, and tarred and feathered him. Really makes my feminist gripes seem petty. In a country where women vote, wear trousers and not corsets, and the "rule of thumb" is a figure of speach and not a guideline for beating your wife, I don't have much to complain about.

2 comments:

Christy said...

We always find perspectives later when we vent, but it is the venting that helps us to get to that point because we are actively analyzing things that bother us. This is otherwise known as meditation, which Joseph Smith did often to our great benefit! So I am glad that you vented, I love to vent (maybe Jared doesn't love this?) But, it helps me learn. So thanks for teaching me through your thoughts!

Jamie said...

I just taught that lesson last week. Very humbling yeah?