Monday, May 21, 2012

Pictures

Damon at his baseball team photo shoot.
Anne giving a tour of the flowers in our yard.

Anne demonstrating how she helped me dig the sand box.

Now, if I spent half as much time cleaning every day as I spent digging the sandbox, I'd have a tidy house--for an hour. Which is why I don't. The sandbox will stay done forever. No matter how hard I work, the house will not stay picked up. "Cleaning the house while the kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk while it is still snowing," you know. "Just train the kids to clean," Jake says. Just pull out all my hair while I crack a whip, he means. Okay, I'm done ranting. On a less frustrated note: Jake finished the sandbox for us on Saturday! As soon as I find the camera cable, I'll show you.

1 comment:

monica said...

I love you Charlotte - you somehow are able to say exactly what I think and believe. You are an wonderful blogger and I love that you understand that the sand box stays, the house won't stay clean, it's harder to train kids to clean than it's worth (I decided twice to shave my head rather than pull all my hair out - simply getting a child to hang up his or her wet towel AFTER bathing). WHAT?!?! Why? Anyway, just want you to know I love that you say what I think so eloquently!