Saturday, May 19, 2012

Field Trip Friday

Yesterday:

Damon and the rest of the 3rd grade went to Lake Happiness (or something like that.  I know it had a ridiculously cheesy name).  He caught minnows and got wet, then came home and buried his mouse. Yikes, did that little thing stink by then.  In the morning I was too busy making lunches to preside over a funeral, so I left it in a box in the basement all day.  Big mistake.  I think my compost must be making progress, because yesterday it didn't smell nearly as bad as the mouse corpse did.  Then Damon and Jake went on the ward Father and Sons camping trip.  They took Claire's mouse with them so they could let her go, "free and in the wild," Claire said.  That's a Wild Kratts phrase, for those of you who don't watch PBS Kids every day.

Claire and her fellow kindergartners went to the Kalamazoo Nature Center and a farm.  She saw a butterfly, a horse, rabbits, goats, and a troll under a bridge.  She drew a picture of it for me when she got home.
Actually I think we've got two trolls there and a cat.  I thought the little thing was a goat, but it's not, Claire says.

Anne and I went to the Air Zoo.  It's a history of flight museum with indoor rides, like the ones at Disneyland--pretty tame.  I was about to lose my breakfast after our second time on the hot air balloon merry-go-round.  I hate amusement park rides.  Anne said it was the best day ever, until I talked her into seeing the Air Zoo 3-D movie (4-D.  The chairs moved and blew air at us).  She hated it and said she never wanted to go to the Air Zoo again.  So glad I bought the year-long family pass for $125.

No comments: