Wednesday, February 12, 2014

attempt 3.5

So much to blog about, so little time.  But I must make time for the really important thing: homemade deodorant attempt #3.5

Cloves and cutie [you know, those yummy little tangerine things from Sam's Club] peel simmered in coconut oil and beeswax.  Removed the cutie peel and cloves, mixed the wax and oil with baking soda, and poured in deod container. 

Results: armpits that smell like Christmas for some of the day, and armpits of clothing stained yellow.  I've really gotta stop using beeswax, but it makes the deod solid enough to keep and apply at room temperature.  Deod in the fridge = annoying + out of sight, out of mind (meaning: I forget to put it on.  Homemade deodorant may not work well, but it works much better than nothing, friends).

HOWEVER!  My lavender oil arrives tonight, so stay tuned for tomorrow's new and exciting attempt.  Oh, how I hope I won't have an allergic reaction to lavender oil.  It's my last hope.  But hark! Did I just hear Yoda whispering "There is another"?  No, Charlotte.  Get a grip.  You're just a delusional nerd addicted to experimenting with homemade deodorant.

1 comment:

Scottfunkel said...

We all have our thing. Some people knit, so people play the guitar, I like to smoke meat, you make deodorant. No shame Charlotte, no shame.