Saturday, February 15, 2014

Before I fly out...

and because I'm tired of laundry and want a break, here's a conversation from this morning.

Damon: I don't like how half of scientists are trying to save gorillas from going extinct, and the other half, the doctor ones, are doing experiments on them to try to find cures for cancer.  It's like they're killing them to save us.

Me:  And you don't like that?

Damon: No.

Me (in my head, because I'd hate to make my son despise me): I like it.  I'm all for saving us.

3 comments:

Shanna said...

Well, as a sister to someone who died because of his cancer, I'm all for the research as well. Its hard being a kid and not understanding the importance of this process.

KFoxL said...

Agh ...one more thing to agonize about in my long list. Thanks Damon. I'm going to hope they pump the monkeys full of morphine, and the monkeys feel ok. Also, I saw on PBS that some freak did a head transplant on a monkey, and I didn't sleep for a week.

Unknown said...

I have to side with Damon. I am totally against any animal testing.