Thursday, February 20, 2014

Failed Spiritual Moment

Anne likes to have a story while we're driving.  Today on the way to Claire's physical therapy I told my favorite one about the handcart pioneers, the one that ends with,

"I have pulled my handcart when I was so weak and weary from illness and lack of food that I could hardly put one foot ahead of the other. I have looked ahead and seen a patch of sand or a hill slope and I have said, I can go only that far and there I must give up, for I cannot pull the load through it...I have gone on to that sand and when I reached it, the cart began pushing me. I have looked back many times to see who was pushing my cart, but my eyes saw no one. I knew then that the angels of God were there."

I was so choked up I almost couldn't finish telling it.

Claire's response was, "Spooky!  Haunted handcarts!"

Forgive me, Mormon pioneers.  I have failed you.

1 comment:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Ha! My kids think Jesus was one of the Avengers or at least part of the Justice League, so you are doing better than me.