Friday, March 15, 2013

strange

I liked school, but I'm pretty sure I also liked missing school on occasion.  So, when I suggested to the kids that we pull them out of school for a few days to go to Mackinac Island (and thus take advantage of lower hotel rates in the off season), I was astonished when Damon and Claire said no.  "I want to have perfect attendance," said Damon.  "Missing school would make me feel weird," said Claire.  Anne was OK with it.  She loves staying home from school.  I suspect she fakes being sick sometimes so she can come home from school early.  But I can never be sure, because on about half of the times she tells me she's sick and I don't believe her, she ends up vomiting all over.  Like last night.  At 6:30, 7:30, 9:00, and midnight.  And only one spew made it in the toilet.  Yippee.

1 comment:

Shaw Family said...

So glad you found it!! I have been following to see if it showed up or not.