Sunday, March 24, 2013

Netflix Picks

Now that I've re-watched all of Star Trek: The Next Generation on Netflix, it's a challenge to find something good to fold clothes to on there (No, I'm not a nerd.  You're narrow minded.), especially since I don't have the stomach for shows like Breaking Bad, and I'm tired of The Office and 30 Rock.  But here are some movies that are winners:

Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story--Marcia, you would like this one.

Bernie--also based on a true story, and stranger than fiction.  Convinced me that Jack Black is a really great actor.

Lars and the Real Girl--the comments from some of the minor characters isn't always innocent, but the relationship between Lars and his life-size female doll is.

If you've got any recommendations, pass them along.  My laundry pile will thank you.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

White Collar is one of my favorites. They just finished season 4 on television and netflix has the first three.

Scottfunkel said...

King of the Hill and My Name is Earl.

Scottfunkel said...

Also check out Freaks and Geeks. Megann was skeptical of this one, but ended up really liking it.

King Lady said...

Folded three loads tonight watching Arrested Development due to Marianne Firth, the giver of great TV advice. Sam and I are both thanking her for that. Also check out Vote For Me, Wasteland, and Peter and the Wolf. Laundry folders unite!

Marianne & Clayton said...

If you have one movie to watch today I would make it Son Of Rambow. Touching, funny, sweet 80's nostalgia and music- a 10 in our book.

I will second Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks, My Name is Earl (most of them... can't vouch for a few episodes), Peter and the Wolf,

Better Off Ted is hilarious... people seem to love Psych but I haven't watched it yet, The Walking Dead is great but not for pregnant women...or women in general. Never mind, don't watch Walking Dead. Clayton loves Mad Men, I like it too, but don't keep up on it like he does.

Phoebe said...

Psych! It's probably in my top 5 of all time favorites. I will also second Better Off Ted, White Collar and Freak and Geeks. Monk was also entertaining. We got rid of cable 2 years ago and I do a lot of Laundry folding/watching netflix:)

Robin V said...

...better late than never...

West Wing
Quantum Leap
Monk
Pride & Prejudice (the BBC series)
Call the Midwife (fairly new BBC show - 1st season should be available on Netflix, 2nd season just starting)

Wendi said...

Wes and I are Psych fans. I think I am the on the other end of the netflix watching spectrum here than most of the other commenter though. I did watch Monk. But I loved Burn Notice and well now I can't remember the names of them, other detective shows. Oh and Coach. Good luck Charlotte!