Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Good Day

Saturday night was great because of the gecko find, but Saturday day was good, too.  We visited the Meijer Gardens for the butterfly exhibit and had an early dinner at P.F. Chang's.  I love that place.  But I won't take the kids there again until they grow some adult taste buds.  Sheesh.  What a waste of good food (from the children's menu!) that would have been if I hadn't eaten their leftovers.

The indoor sculpture exhibit was impressive, but I didn't like how they were not clearly male or female.
 
"Then why do you keep getting your hair cut so short?" Jake asked.  That's a good question...I guess because I can't see myself most of the time.  I should probably take into account the feelings of my audience more, but that would contradict my "I don't care what anyone else thinks of me (Deity excluded)" mantra.

The butterflies were great, but just like last year, they wouldn't land on us even though we girls put flowery smelling lotion on.  The giant blue ones (our favorites) wouldn't pause for a photo.


I like this photo--I look less enormous than I feel.
Anne cleaning snowballs off of grandma and grandpa Meijer.


 Claire and Anne gave Jake a tour of some of their favorite sculptures while Damon and I stayed inside with the butterflies.


Jake waiting for a pass.  I wish I had gotten a picture of him dodging the snowballs Damon was throwing at him.





Claire and Benjamin.

Damon and Anne designed their own sculpture garden while Claire paced the perimeter.

Anne the Butterfly.





2 comments:

LL said...

Did I miss an announcement?
I don't want to assume you're expecting because my stomach is much bigger and I'm NOT expecting. But from the pose, and the fact that you don't normally have a stomach makes me wonder?
Funny how my rule in life is NEVER. Ever! Ever ask anyone if they're pregnant. Yet on the blog all rules are out the window.
So, if you're not. Let's just focus on the butterflies :-)
If you are, You're still tiny!
And I'm excited for you!!! (either way) :-)

LL said...

oh and...
one other thing!
NO ONE wears short hair better than YOU.
And you're still so feminine and beautiful.
Love the short hair.