Monday, November 5, 2012

Romance

I threw away the pumpkins Friday.  It was garbage day.  The kids noticed on Sunday and were extremely upset.  I did not tell them two were in the compost bin because they would have dug them out.  They are notorious dumpster divers.  Damon organized a funeral.  It was a wrenching service with no bodies to bury and give closure.

I wonder how long I need to wait before throwing away the markers on our front step...





Claire told me I was the worst mom ever, but after church all was forgiven when I saw the card from my in-laws and remembered it was my and Jake's wedding anniversary.  Anne and Claire took Jake to a spa in the living room where they gave him a massage and a makeover to make him handsome for his "proud and joy" (that's me).  They also re-gifted a toy and gave it to me from him.  Then Anne told us to go to our room and have a love nap together.  What in the world?!!  I don't have any idea how she came up with the term "love nap."  I told her a nap at 5:30 would be a bad idea, thanked her and Claire for our romantic afternoon, and put an end to it. We're not opposed to love naps, but it makes us uncomfortable when a 5-year-old suggests one.

5 comments:

LD said...

LOVE NAP. LOVE NAP. LOVE NAP! Just do it.

LL said...

Sounds nice :-)

Misty said...

ROFL - I'm just waiting for one of my kids to figure out why their parents let them play all the computers they want on Saturday morning until Mom and Dad "wake up" for the day. . . . oblivious :-)

germanjules said...

LOL...you have highly intelligent children...Love Nap...oh boy...

Marianne & Clayton said...

Happy anniversary. Love nap. Our new favorite term. Your kids are far and away the coolest ones I know. I hope you have a fake Christmas tree... otherwise who knows what kind of Viking burial on Lake Michigan they might dream up.