Friday, November 2, 2012

Deep Thoughts

From Claire: Bad dreams are good, and good dreams are bad.  Because when you wake up from a bad dream, you find out it wasn't real, and when you wake up from a good dream, you find out it wasn't real.

From Phyllis Diller: Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.

Not a deep thought, just an observation from me: I dream of having a clean house, but I'm not sure I have the discipline to keep a clean house, even without kids.  And I'm not a very nice person when the house (or parts of it) are clean, either.  You should (not) see how I react when crumbs get dropped on a recently mopped floor, which is partially why my kitchen floor has not been mopped in a LONG time.  Nothing like the crucible of family life to show you how far you have to go to be like Jesus. 


2 comments:

lissyfarnz said...

Loving all your posts, Charlotte! Hope you are all doing well!

monica said...

Hi Charlotte ~ I know we are related. But I think we are more than that. We are kindred spirits. You have a way of putting my thoughts into words. You TRULY ARE THE BEST!!! I have loved EVERY SINGLE WORD!