Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Church's Response to Supreme Court Legalizing Same-Sex Marriage

You've probably already read it  here.

Towards the end it reads, "Members who . . . have doctrinal questions should make a diligent effort, including earnest prayer and scripture study, to find solutions and answers themselves."

I know that is true.  Sometime around 2010, when we were living in Logan, UT, I was struggling with the Family Proclamation.  I wondered if the Church leaders had made a mistake.  (This is not a struggle my parents or grandparents would have had.  Bob Dylan was right: these times, they are a-changin'.)

One day I knelt by my bed and prayed about it, asking if maybe the Church leaders were wrong.  After the prayer, I looked down at the floor and saw my scriptures.  I opened them up and my eyes were drawn to these words in verse 4 of D&C section 32: "Give heed to that which is written, and pretend to no other revelation."  I knew through the Spirit this was my answer.  Also, there are more than 4600 pages in my quad.  The chances of my accidentally opening my scriptures to that exact page and my eyes accidentally going to those exact words are pretty slim.

Finally, I know God loves me.  He has given me help no one else ever has or ever could.  I know He loves all His children.  And I will trust that in His own due time, He "shall wipe away all tears."

1 comment:

LD said...

Yup and yup to this post. And as for Costco you can add their berry smoothies to the pro list.