Tuesday, May 26, 2015

new lows

Last week was the last week of school.  Jake was in England.  I was still recovering from the month of April, which I'll write about sometime soon.  I was pooped. 

Saturday night, it was 7:30 and Claire reminded me we hadn't eaten dinner yet.  I cooked some penne pasta and felt like a champ for getting some vegetables on the table.  But then, as I was taking the noodles to the table, the pan slipped and the noodles went all over the floor.  I just stood there staring.  Maybe the kids sensed I was nearing nuclear melt-down.  Maybe Claire couldn't violate the "Dinner has to be eaten before 8:00" rule.  I don't know.  But those kids said, "It's okay, Mom," and ATE OFF THE FLOOR.  As luck would have it, and before you start dry-heaving, be informed I had wiped up the floor in that spot earlier in the day.  Not that that prevented comments like, "I can't eat this one--there's something gross on it."

1 comment:

Robin V said...

Oh Charlotte, you paint such vivid pictures of life. I laughed and laughed at this, which probably shows my character flaws. I hope things have calmed down, and that you have recovered from the month of April...