Thursday, January 9, 2014

Clarification

We've just had 4 days of no church, no school, and no YW/Scouts/Activity Days thanks to the weather!  It's been nice.  For most of us, anyway.  Last night when I told the kids there would be school in the morning Anne said, "Good.  I'm sick of this."

Our schedule will continue to be lighter moving forward because Damon is taking a break from Tae Kwon Do until school is out.  It makes me and Jake sad, but Damon says he's too stressed out with homework, piano, and Scouts.

In other news, I feel like I've given the impression that we're a bunch of potty mouths in this house.  That's not the case.  After Anne put together her four-letter-word shown in the previous post, she sounded it out and said, "What does that mean?"  Then Claire came in, sounded it out, and asked the same question.

At a party recently, Anne and a friend were playing a game where you read hypothetical questions off of cards.  The friend read to Anne,  "Would you rather have 4 nostrils or 2 b***cracks?"  Claire overheard and asked, "What's a b***crack?"  We don't use the b-word in our house--we say 'bum' or 'bottom.'  (BTW, who came up with such a vulgar game?  Did these people not have mothers?)

So, realizing that it might be a good idea to make my girls less innocent before they went back to school and embarrassed themselves by asking questions that would seem odd to most kids, I decided to teach them a few things, such as the meaning of certain words that we don't use in our house.  We also discussed reproduction a little bit, and how that's not an appropriate topic for school.

"Oh, you mean S-E-X that some kids at school were talking about one day?" asked Claire.

Yes, Claire.  Clearly your mother was in idiot to wait until you were in 2nd grade to have this discussion.  Sometimes I hate public school and the parents who send their kids there.

1 comment:

KFoxL said...

Great. I did not need this. I thought I had a few more years at least for the S-E-X chat and mine are 8. I must be wrong. Good thing we're never leaving the house again!