Monday, October 29, 2012

making costumes

I've gone a little crazy with Halloween costumes this year.  Mostly mine.  Damon's and Claire's weren't too over-the-top, but when I post a picture of mine, I think you'll wonder what's wrong with me.  But this post is actually about false advertising.  My costume pattern says its EASY.  Easy for whom?  A team of expert seamstresses working together?  And Damon's says "One Hour!"  One hour to do what?  Find the fabric and notions in JoAnn's?  Or read the instructions?  Or cut out the pattern pieces?  It took me at least 7 hours to make, probably more.  If you can make a "One Hour!" pattern in one hour, I'd like to meet you.  You've got to either be from the planet Krypton or one of the X-Men.

1 comment:

LD said...

You always have gone overboard for Halloween, remember your x-men costume in high school?