Monday, October 22, 2012

another reason we seldom have dinner guests

We had Claire's former tutor, Jay (not his real name), over for dinner Saturday night.  Jake asked Claire to bless the food.  It went something like this:

"Please bless the food and please bless Jay that he'll be a member of our church."

I almost fell off my chair.  I couldn't even look at Jay after the prayer, and I sure as heck didn't mention our church while he was there.

History: Jay came to church for the kids' primary program a couple months ago.  And then he came again of his own volition after that!  We were so excited!  But it was Fast Sunday.  He hasn't come back since.  There's nothing like a few off-the-wall testimonies to scare away visitors.

There was another awkward incident after dinner that is too mortifying to relate.  I will tell you it involved another campaign poster by Claire, one that I was unaware of until it was proudly shown to Jay.

I think we can safely assume we've managed to scare Jay away from our church and our home forever.

1 comment:

Robin V said...

Now you've really piqued my curiosity...