Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Linus Was Right

The Great Pumpkin really does exist.  We put out our 6 pumpkins Monday night.  (How do 3 kids end up with 6 pumpkins, you ask?  3 pumpkins+Mom carving+the dashed expectations of a spoiled child+it wouldn't be fair for just her to get a new pumpkin=6 pumpkins altogether.)  In the morning we found a bag of candy on our porch with a note from the Great Pumpkin!  We were pretty excited.  Thank you, Great Pumpkin!






This morning I went in to help with Anne's kindergarten Halloween Party (I guess they do let me volunteer a little in the classroom.)  Here's how I looked, except I was vertical:

Told ya I went a little crazy with my costume.  But I think it was worth it.  You wouldn't believe how many kindergarteners complimented me on it or asked if I was a real witch.  And it's versatile.  Damon says it looks like a vampire costume, and Anne says it makes me look like a zombie princess.

Learned some interesting things from one little boy: he has seen "a scary movie called Lord of the Rings," he has a girlfriend, and he would love to see someone getting killed in real life.  "It would be so cool."  It's wonderful, the variety of parenting styles there are in the world, and that my children get to interact with the product of those parenting styles.    

1 comment:

Robin V said...

Great costume! I am So Impressed.

(also impressed with those "parenting" styles...)