Sunday, July 8, 2012

the time has come

It's been 11 and a half years.  Jake and I decided it was time for bedroom furniture that we (I) picked out and paid for, as opposed to be being donated to us by parents.  Here's my craiglist.com find:
There are two really exciting things about this stuff: we've had it over a month and it still smells good (like cedar) and Jake has finally stopped chastising me for paying too much for it.  (It's worth $1000, not $1050!)
 I include this picture because I need window advice.  I like the convenience of mini-blinds, but I hate the look.  What should I do?  Curtains?  Woven wood blinds? Roman shades?  It will be another 11 1/2 years before we can commit to window treatments I like, and I want to be prepared for the day.

6 comments:

LD said...

Ooooohhh, I like the furniture! Good pick. I vote for Roman shades because I'm favoring them these days, but in 11 yrs I may not like them so much.

Unknown said...

i think its good way to use Roman shades concord, ca because they are most stylish and protective treatment for windows.

Brandee said...

i LOVE the faux wood shades and then put a lovely curtain over it....check out pintrest for other ideas but that's just my humble opinion.

monica said...

Gosh Charlotte - SOOOOO envious! In 14 years I think we've purchased a few pieces of furniture, but mostly we have "furniture sat" for my siblings & parents. Every day I think about picking out my own furniture someday. To me what you've done is priceless and you only gave $1050 for it~! you Are truly the Champion of frugality! I don't know if I have any opinions on window coverings - just get what you enjoy - I agree with the pintrest suggestion. Love you!

Wendi said...

I loove the bedroom furniture. But I have you beat! 25 years and no bedroom set that isn't hand me downs. It's a dream of mine to actually pick out a a bedroom set. I have no advice whatsoever on the window treatments though. But then again Pinterest is full of ideas!!!

Ayda Made Us said...

Charlotte- I'm proud of you guys! The new furniture is awesome! Roman shades are def nice, but a cheap way to add some color and texture are cool curtains. You sew right? Buy some cool fabric, make curtains and buy cheaper blinds...