Friday, July 6, 2012

it's the great pumpkin, charlie brown

My true calling in life is to be a pumpkin farmer.  Look at how my darling has taken over the garden.  I'm so proud of it.  I shouldn't count my pumpkins before they're carved, but I think we're going to have four come fall.

And here's a yellow squash.  It's the only thing we've been able to eat from the garden so far, unless you count the spinach.  We got about five leaves of that before the wildlife and the heat took the rest.  One good thing about the heat: I think it killed a chipmunk yesterday.  We gave it a burial and Damon accused me of being happy it was dead.  I wasn't glad it suffered, though.  I'm not a monster.

2 comments:

Robin V said...

I am loving your blog!

And I confess that we have a chipmunk that I wouldn't miss if it happened to... disappear...

Nicole said...

Hi Charlotte. We'd be happy to watch your kids while you go to the temple. I'm sure Jared would love to see you. The mad scientist party was one of my favorites and was surprisingly easy, probably because it kept the attention span of a bunch of 8 year old little boys. Steal away. We haven't had much luck with our garden either, dang squirrels. Watch out for your pumpkins, the squirrels love them.