Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Anne

~in the mud hole I dug for her when we had our early summer a few weeks ago.
~last fall at a nearby playground.

You might not know it because I mostly blog about Claire, but this is the Year of Anne. I am trying to make up for neglecting her while we dealt with Claire’s problems. In December I pulled her out of preschool because I didn't want to have to drive in Michigan ice and snow. Then we had the mildest winter ever, and I couldn't put Anne back in preschool because the class was full. Turns out it was all for the best--next year the district is implementing full day kindergarten. Or maybe it will be all for the worst and Anne won't be at all prepared for a full day of school. Regardless, I'm not happy about this. Kind of excited (I strive not to be a liar), but mostly sad that my little girl will have to go to school all day. Why don't I just homeschool, you ask. Because I don't homeschool. There are a lot of homeschoolers these days, and I take off my hat to those incredimoms, but I'm not one of them. Anyway, I'm trying to get in lots of me and Anne time before the State takes over caring for her most of her waking hours. Anne also gets in a lot of He-Man and She-Ra time, I'm ashamed to say.
She still draws and paints a lot. Here are some examples from her still-life phase:



4 comments:

cat said...

Such great kids!! love these posts about them. Still laughing about Damon beating up a girl (mainly the way you put it). It must be a hoot and a riot to live with these characters. Miss you all. xxx

cat said...

oh and I meant to say that I'm pretty sure the "incredimom" is a Nessie/Sasquatch-category legend despite your alleged sightings ;0

LD said...

HOly Cow! Anne is an artist, I am really really blown away by her drawings. Who needs pre-school?

Claire's glasses are adorable.

And I can hear all to clearly in my mind Damon-the-clean-language-enforcer calling you all out and it makes me laugh.

Ayda Made Us said...

Anne is quite the artist! And loved the mud hole! Although, I had to hide the screen from Ayda's view. Don't want her getting any ideas!

Claire looks so chic in her glasses! I don't blame her one bit for admiring herself.

Well done on becoming president of your class, Damon!

Miss you guys!