Wednesday, May 18, 2011

If you're wondering

A month or three ago, I stopped being angry and bitter about Claire having Asperger's. I was talking with a dear lady on the phone who also has a child with disabilities, and something she said, I can't remember what, finished the 6+ month long process of healing my heart. I still am astounded sometimes when I see a large family with no non-typical children, but I don't curse them and wonder what they did right and I did wrong. I still feel worn down by Claire's therapy, but I'm not angry about it. I feel happy. I accept. I'm grateful to the powers and mercies of Heaven for that.

4 comments:

cat said...

I hope it was three ago because that would mean you've been happy longer. :) Yep, anger bites. And then sucks the life out of you. I'm glad you're past it. xx

LD said...

It is nothing short of a miraculous mercy. I remember feeling the exact same way when I stopped hating pregnant ladies....it is good.

Kiersten said...

You and Lynsey are 2 of the strongest women I know. You were given these trials because you could handle them, not only handle them, but handle them with grace. Thank you!

Unknown said...

My heart has been silently breaking for you as you've endured through these trials. I'm so glad that you have found a bit of healing to help you and your sweet family on life's journey. Please know that I love you and think of you often. Your Cuz..