Saturday, April 16, 2011

solutions to slip-n-slide concrete

Our landlord just had the stamped concrete around our house resealed. It's treacherous when wet. But as we slip and maime ourselves on it, we find comfort knowing it's protected from the elements.

Anne and Damon were outside playing on it today after a rainstorm today. The water had beaded into puddles all over.

"Mom!" called Damon. "Anne's naked!"

Sure enough, there she was in the front yard, stark naked. You really shouldn't take your eyes off your kids for a second; that's all the time it takes for them to strip in front of the neighbors.

I took her in the house. "Anne, why did you take your clothes off?"

"Because I would slip and have to change my clothes and slip and have to change my clothes and slip and have to change my clothes..."

So it was easier just to be naked than to have to take wet clothes off over and over again, or find somewhere else to play. Wearing wet clothes was apparently not an option, either.

Fortunately we discovered that if she wore rubber-soled shoes, she wouldn't slip, and therefore could wear clothing.

2 comments:

LD said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're naked. You should appreciate a daughter who tries to lessen the laundry load.

TiffaniS said...

This post reminds me of our deck! Slippery as...nevermind I hate that analogy! Very slippery. I think Anne had it right...naked is good. :) You're my hero Charlotte...Soccer coach?! Wow! I'm the loser mom on the sidelines...feeling very grateful that I'm not the coach!