Sunday, February 21, 2010

Anne Update

Since my last Anne blog, she has improved by leaps and bounds. She tries really hard not to get into trouble, and I can't remember the last time she hit, bit, or pushed anyone. Well, she did pinch Damon tonight, but he was being a pest and she's sick, so we'll let it slide.

She is also a prolific artist: she paints about four abstract pictures a day. Below are two samples of her work. The one on the left is called "Ducks and Frogs Running Away from Me." The one on the right is untitled.



I love her independence. She dresses herself without any encouragement. (A word to the wise: if you see a little kid with his/her shirt on backwards or shoes on the wrong feet or mismatched, keep your smart comments to yourself. Kids should be praised, not criticized for doing things for themselves. The other day some guy, a father of young children I might add, said to Anne, "Hey, your shoes don't match." I ignored him, but I wanted to tell him to shut his fat mouth. Let me tell you something: if two shoes are black, they match to a little girl. A mom really appreciates a child dressing herself, and you can bet the mom has encouraged the child to try putting on shoes that match, but independent children like to do things their own way. So, if you don't want me to despise you, put a sock in it.)

Here are some darling Anne quotes:

I'm a great artist.

What da heck?

Mom, can you talk to me?

Mom, I slept all night and I didn't woke you up!

I'm a great cleaner.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

She is adorable Charlotte! It is so neat that you are keeping good memories of all these times for your posterity!

King Lady said...

People who snigger at little kids who have dressed themselves uniquely could be compared to Britney Spears teaching a trigonometry class. Neither one has a clue.

LD said...

I love Anne and I love her raspy voice and her independent ways and she is the best kisser around!

Jamie said...

What da heck! Since I haven't seen her for almost 2 years I can't imagine her even speaking let alone putting on mismatching shoes.

You're a good mom to let her paint so often. The answer is always "no" when Grant asks me. He has ruined so many articles of clothing and the paint doesn't completely wash off his stomach or arms.

monica said...

Well spoken about the encouraging words to the "do-it-my-selfers" I thoroughly agree!