Sunday, April 22, 2012

Someone turns 5, Someone Else gets an Orange Belt

These are in no particular order because you always have to think backward when uploading pics in blogger, and who has the energy to do that at the end of the day?

Here's Anne's birthday party. Note the beautiful blue and pink cake. It's from Sam's Club Bakery, and it was delicious. The French bread at last night's Boy Scout spaghetti dinner fundraiser was also from Sam's, and it was fabulous. I think I'm falling in love, and maybe giving up on making things myself since Sam can do it better.

Damon got his orange belt yesterday. Jake and I missed it because we were at home making a pie for the aforementioned scout fundraiser and getting Anne's party ready, respectively, and Damon's belt testing always takes 2-3 hours. Except for yesterday. Damon called from the Do Jang asking us to pick him up after less than 2 hours. By the time I got there all the other kids and parents were gone. Yeah, us! Year of Anne, Damon gets the shaft.
Grandma Becca made all Anne's dreams come true with a make-up kit. I try to keep evil influences out of the house, but it looks like Lady Gaga crept in.


Any ideas what I should do with this wood panelling? I'm not up to painting the dark wood molding, so I'm kinda looking for a miracle. You know, make the room beautiful with minimum effort. The vertical blinds have gotta go, but what am I going to do with the panelling? Help!

2 comments:

LD said...

Happy BIrthday ANNNNNNNNEEE! And Damon is AmAzIng!

I have an idea for the wood paneling, I need to get my rear out there and help paint it!

Marianne & Clayton said...

Go team Anne! And yaaaaay Damon. The sooner they learn they are on their own, the better. Right? I love your kids. As for the paneling- paint it. Tape the molding if you want to keep it brown, but the lazy man says paint it all white- no taping! There is stuff out there to fill the lines on paneling, but I think it looks great unfilled, kind of like wainscoting.