Wednesday, August 4, 2010

recent quotes

Damon:

"What if there was a hotel floating through outer space?"

"What if the wind blew so hard it carried people away?"

"What if we jumped off the roof and started to fly around?"

"What if [fill in the blank]?" x1000

"What if I ask so many 'what if' questions my mom goes insane and has to be institutionalized?" is the only 'what if' he hasn't asked.

Claire:

"If we're not having meat for dinner, I'm running away from home!"

When Anne wouldn't give her a toy she wanted: "Anne, you look like a toilet!" I was going to wash her mouth out with soap for that one, but I had food poisoning (never drink almond milk that's been on the counter in a hot house all day) and only had the strength to give her a time-out.

Anne has had plenty to say, too, but "Can I got to Bekah's house?" is the only phrase that comes to mind, because I hear it almost as much as "Can I go to Grandma's house?"

2 comments:

LD said...

I am stealing Claire's insult. I will now tell people they look like a toilet when I'm ticked off--I can't wait!

Jamie said...

I think it would be great if Damon could come over for a week or so and keep Grant entertained with his questions.

"you look like a toilet"--i'm still trying to figure that one out. The biggest insult we get around here is "dummyhead"--baffling.