Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cute Kids and Adventures in Flexitarianism

Here's Damon ready for Crazy Hair Day at school. Anne put on my glasses and said she's ready to go to the beach. Hear that, Aunt Wendi? Don't forget to plan our day at Bear Lake, just as soon as the temp gets out of the 50s.

It was a beautiful day today (too cold, though) and Claire said, "The flowers opened and the tulips bloomed for joy!" Random, but cute.


This atrocity is roasted eggplant. Who knew something so beautiful and purple outside could be so repulsive inside? I blended it (after the picture) with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and cumin for pita dip for dinner tonight. I'm guessing I'll be the only one who eats it.

7 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

I tried to roast eggplant once. Once. Never again. Dip might have been a better idea for it. Your kids are too cute and clever as always.

LD said...

Keep posting your diet adventures. I LOVE Damon's hair!

Wendi said...

I've never even considered what to do with an eggplant. I do like their color though! I love Claire's flowers/tulips statement! How poetic! Bear Lake's tradition has been the first Monday in August. Can't wait to see what you bring for snacks!

DocMisty said...

LOL - about the gross looking thing in that container. I'm sure it's going to be the new thing after that description :-) Was it any better blended?

Jamie said...

I've never had luck with eggplant. You're pretty adventurous to have blended it into a dip.

Cool wings on Damon's hair.

Claire is so cute. Love the blooming for joy.

Cathy said...

If you find a recipe you love please post it. We are slowly switching everything over to soy, but I'm not sure I can do without eggs.

Kristyn said...

That is some hair!

Eggplant?? Should anyone really be eating eggplant?