Wednesday, November 4, 2009

This Boy


was a ghost for Halloween. He never ate a single piece of Halloween candy without making sure his sisters ate at least one piece first. That way, he could ensure that they would run out of candy before he did. He does a similar thing with money. If he wants to buy something, he convinces his sisters to buy something of equal or greater value first with their money. I think he's on the cusp of some brilliant economic theory, like Russel Crowe's character in A Beautiful Mind. Hopefully D's best friends will always exist outside of his own head, though.
He's quite the talker. He can carry on a conversation for hours. It's great, but I'm the kind of gal who thinks silence in golden. So Sunday when I informed the troops they were not allowed to talk to me because I was listening to conference talks on my mp3 player, I was mostly talking to him.
D replied doubtfully, "Okay, I hope that works out for you."
It didn't work out so well.

7 comments:

alison said...

your kids crack me up, and I completely understand wanting some peace & quiet around talkative kids. Our little Gabe is already starting to think every thought aloud; cute now, but in a few years??

LL said...

"ok I hope that works for you"
HILARIOUS!!!
I miss your family. Thanks for blogging, I always laugh when I read your posts!

Marianne & Clayton said...

His comments kill me. Wonder where he gets his sarcasm? (Sarcasm intended)

P.S. I think said sarcasm might be my favorite thing about all the Firth cousins, so don't think I'm hatin'.

LD said...

Oh D! I think I miss him the most. I could listen to him talk for hours and then we get into an argument which is even more hilarious than his talking.

And who wants to be the last one without candy?? What a great planner he is!

Kristyn said...

Come on... he is just trying to stay on top. Can't let little sister have more candy or more money. I can see where he is coming from... though it is hilarious that at his age he knows how to play the game so well.

Sorry it didn't work out so well for you!

Jamie said...

"Okay, I hope that works out for you" where does he come up with these things? Oh, you and your kids make me laugh!

Wendi said...

Excedrine Migraine. That makes me talk. When I need to make phone calls that's what I take. Then I can talk, otherwise, it's really painful for me to carry on a conversation. Silence is absolutely priceless!