Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Common Core: Thoughts from people other than me

You don't have to be a conservative like me to be wary of Common Core.  Check out this website: http://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com/common-core-is-agenda-21.html

Also, read excerpts from my mother-in-law's e-mails to me (posted with her permission):

"Charlotte dear,  Just read your blog quickly.  You are not off base about common core ... It is the "Growing Up Caring" philosophy I fought against years ago.  That textbook also subtly implied that parents are the enemy.  Never dismiss your intuition.  It was my intuition that told me something was terribly wrong with the course and teachings of that book, and my feelings were confirmed when we obtained the teacher's manual which instructed the teachers to create a dichotomy in the classroom and then work to the end that the students would overcome their belief in absolutes.  Frightening!  At that time I also read the statement that the secular humanists were using the school classroom as their pulpit.  Are we not seeing  the fruit of their labors in our society today?

"Another quick thought:  Perhaps ... the teachers don't intend to disparage parents, yet the end result is exactly that.  Message of sheets:  Parents force; parents are unfair; where will it lead?  rebellion against parents is justified.  (One who is drunk and driving doesn't intend to kill the passengers in the oncoming car when he hits head on, but he does.  Intention is not the whole ball game.  Result, fruit of action is the greater consideration.  The poor judgment of ... teachers, though innocent of evil intent, does not justify the result.  Parents need to take action to overcome that which injures the family.)"

1 comment:

LD said...

Well said mother in law! I like Marsha and her intuition.