Thursday, April 8, 2010

Uhhh...

We had the missionaries over for dinner on Monday. Things went pretty well. Damon and Anne behaved (once I finally got them in the house anyway). Claire cried intermittently and insisted on sitting on the floor instead of at the table, which is actually a big improvement over the last time she ate with the missionaries. We were at my parents' house that time and she cried and screamed the entire time, including when one of the elders gave a brief message about how we should all be like little children--humble, meek, patient, full of love...

Anyway, during dinner on Monday I was distracted helping one of the kids and heard one of the elders say, "Do you guys have some black power?"

I wanted to be helpful and said, "We have a black man in our ward. He's a good guy and just lives down the street."

Awkward silence.

"What are you talking about?" Jake asked.

"I thought they needed some black power."

"He said 'black powder'."

Jake and the elders laughed hysterically for like five minutes.

When the laughing stopped I asked, "So what do you need black powder for?"

"We're going to blow up the [insert name of our city] dam and say a prayer. Then we'll get in the record books for most baptisms."

Oh. Personally, I think they'd be better off with black power.

4 comments:

LD said...

Black Power!!! I'm imaginging us yelling that as we bump chests mid-air next time I see you in person....I can't wait.

Scottfunkel said...

They'll need something stronger than black powder. Tell them to go down to Smith and Edwards, they should have something they can use there.

Marianne & Clayton said...

Ha ha ha ha! And I thought Damon said awesome stuff.

LL said...

LAUGHING! so. hard.
Black Power. seriously. good stuff.