Friday, June 12, 2009

More Quotes

Me to Damon, while Anne is crying: Can't you just let Anne help you?
Damon: No, you don't let me help you on your special projects. I want to do this on my own.
A light bulb comes on in my slow brain and I pick up Anne and take her away from the home-made punching bag she was trying to help him with.

Claire: Let's keep the toilet lids closed so the chameleon cannot put it's head in the water and drink the water. (We don't own a chameleon.)

Anne: I wanna do it! (She says this a hundred times a day whenever I try to wash her hands or help her with anything else.)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

You're sure you don't have a chameleon? What a funny girl.

I learn things from my kids comments too (thinking of Damon's comment) and sometimes I even learn from the things that come out of my own mouth like, "you should just be nice even if they aren't nice to you." Light flickers and I think, "maybe I shouls try that too."

I can't believe little Anne is big enough to do everything herself.

Jamie said...

I like this child Anne. A woman after my own heart. I wanna do it all on my own too!