Monday, May 11, 2009

My Longest, Boringest Blog Ever






I am the mother of three small children and that entitles me to use words like 'boringest.'

I'm potty training Anne today. It's almost 10:30 AM and we've had two accidents and two successes: that's very good compared with Damon's and Claire's efforts on their first days in underwear.

April was an exciting and exhausting month. We visited the beach and Disneyland to enjoy some of the Longest Lines on Earth.

I went off my sugar-free diet during our vacation (if you can call a trip including three little kids 'vacation'), but then when I got back and reviewed that Ultra-Prevention book, I found out I could have/should have stuck with it. It's not all or nothing, you just do the best you can. Common sense could have told me that, but it was being shouted down by my desire for Easter candy. So, I'm back to whole grains and trying to eliminate sugar, but I'm not as fanatical as I was before. My soy milk, for example, is now the sweetened kind because it's cheaper than the unsweetened kind, and I don't feel like a complete failure for drinking it.

When we got back from CA (after a delightful stop to see Jake's parents), we celebrated Anne's 2nd birthday.

Then we packed up and moved about a mile away to a much better rental. I'm not sure how we survived 11 months in that stinky house, and now that we're almost settled into the new place and I don't feel completely stressed out, I'm really glad we moved.

Sorry the photos aren't matched up with the proper text, but as my viewership is of above-average intelligence, I'm sure you'll figure them out.

4 comments:

LD said...

I can say WaLkEr however I want. Maybe you should try doing boringest as BOrIngEst....it looks better.

Your hair is getting so long!! Good work. It is rough stuff to grow hair out.

Did you forget to take swimsuits to CA?? Anne is looking so much older these days. Damon and you look a lot a like in that pic. Those goats should be so lucky to be loved by such beautiful little girls!

Jamie said...

That wasn't very long. That's just a normal length post for me.

Way to go on getting back onto your eating program so quickly. Good job not feeling bad about the sweetened soy milk.

Can't believe Anne is 2. I'm sending luck for the potty training days ahead.

Lovely pictures

LL said...

i cannot bbelieve how much older your kids look, especially Anne.
And your hair is SO cute!

Swimmingmom said...

Wow, 2 already?! How did that happen! Best of luck on the toilet training. Hope it contineus to go well for you. We tried a few weeks back, but I guess we're not quite ready. Maybe in the fall. Hope you are well!!!!